Enjoying that last burst of Sunlight this Summer
How are you enjoying the longer days of sunlight in August?
August is the month where we typically get longer days of sunlight, with the sun actually setting after 9 p.m. It’s a great time for us all to squeeze in some last minute fun this summer. For most of us, the summer seems to fly by, things get awfully busy and before you know it, the cold weather is making a comeback. It’s actually kind of ironic that during the last few weeks of summer, we get that extra burst of sunlight for an hour or two daily, it’s almost as if Mother Nature is sending us signs to soak in summer more each day. That doesn’t seem like a bad idea at all! So, how are you planning on enjoying the longer days of sunlight this month?
The Skylon Tower has a few suggestions on how you can plan something easy, fun, and have a mix of indoor and outdoor entertainment. Here it is:
- Enjoy the parks and lush greenery surrounding Niagara Falls in Queen Victoria Park. Even on the hottest days of August, it’s still a great location to lay a blanket on the grassy areas or go a for a walk because the cool mist from the Falls is very refreshing not to mention, the view of the Falls in the background is spectacular.
- Go for an evening bike ride along the Bruce Trail and enjoy the view of the lake and the nature that surrounds the Niagara Region. The late afternoon or evening is a great time to enjoy a bike ride in August because the sun is low, the air is cooler, and there’s still enough daylight to enjoy the view. Come prepared with a helmet, comfortable shoes, and other safety gear!
- Explore 99 acres of the Niagara Falls Botanical gardens. See flowering trees, perennials, wildflowers, and more in full bloom this season.
- Cool-off in A/C friendly attractions like the Family Fun Centre in the Skylon Tower. Niagara’s largest indoor entertainment complex with interactive games and rides for all ages
- Once you build up an appetite, watch the sunset and enjoy a spectacular view over dinner from 775 feet above the Falls at the Skylon Tower’s Revolving Dining Room. Revolving silently 360 degrees once each hour for a truly unique dining experience. Whether you’re with your significant other on a romantic getaway or you’re spending quality time with your family, this will surely be the highlight of your visit.
- There are so many things to do in Niagara, with so many attractions all within walking distance from the Falls, but if you had to choose one, the Observation Deck at the top of the Skylon Tower has to be it! From the top, you can actually view all the attractions like, the lights on Clifton Hill, the Falls, the Casino, the Niagara cityscape, wine district, and more. It takes only 52 seconds on an elevator ride to the top, 775 feet above the Falls. With an indoor and outdoor area on the Observation Deck, you can enjoy all the extra hours of daylight you want from here!
Book your reservation in the Revolving Dining Room today. Our admission to the Ride-to-the-Top and Indoor/Outdoor Observation Deck Niagara Falls attractions is always free when dining. Give us a call today at 1-888-9SKYLON