A Look Forward to Summer: Niagara’s Top Five Events
Niagara Falls is a popular tourist destination in is own right and is also home to some world-class attractions, the Skylon Tower among them. With festivals, fireworks, flower shows, and funhouses, there is always something happening in Niagara Falls. This means that some weekends are more popular than others, which can make it difficult to book your desired reservation. Below is a list of some of the busiest events happening in the Niagara Region this summer.
- Niagara Falls Elvis Festival – Happening Thursday, April 23rd through Sunday, April 26th, 2020, the Niagara Falls Elvis Festival bring Graceland to Canada to celebrate all things Elvis! The event is hosted by the Greg Frewin Theatre, where you can expect a Las Vegas style Elvis impersonator competition, gala shows, great food, loads of fun, and other great surprises!
- Victoria Day Long Weekend – Lovingly known as May 2-4 (two-four), this is the weekend that kicks off summer! With firework displays throughout the weekend and a holiday Monday to boot, Victoria Day is about having fun in the sun and enjoying the warm weather after the winter. This year the holiday weekend runs May 16th through 18th.
- Canada Day – This year, Canada Day falls on a Wednesday, with the festivities happening throughout the week all over the region. Enjoy a special Canada-Day-themed firework display, parade, street festival, and more! The main family-friendly event happens all day Wednesday, July 1st, 2020 downtown Niagara Falls on Queen Street, with fireworks over the Falls that night. We even light up the Skylon Tower in red to celebrate!
- Homegrown Festival – Part of the famous Niagara Wine Festivals, the Homegrown Festival celebrates growers, winemakers, culinary partnerships, along with the Canadian wine region lifestyle. This happens over two weekends, June, with the dates still to be determined. Check out the Niagara Wine Festival website for more details on this and other wine-related festivals.
- Grape & Wine Festival – Another Niagara Wine Festival that happens every September. This month-long event is the largest of all of the Niagara Wine Festivals, with events spanning the entire Niagara Region. Over 30 wineries participate, so grab a discovery pass and choose your own wine adventure!
Now that you know some of the fun things coming to Niagara Falls this spring and summer, it’s time to book your getaway! Of course, you’ll want to make time to view the majestic Niagara Falls, and the best place to do that is from 775 feet above, at the Skylon Tower. Dine in one of our exclusive restaurants, The Revolving Dining Room or Summit Suite Buffet, and you will receive a free pass to our indoor/outdoor Observation Deck where you can see a panoramic view of Niagara Falls and even as far as Toronto and Buffalo on a clear day! Make sure to tag us in your photos and social media posts, so we can share them too!