Cook 1 (Line Cook)
The Skylon Tower is looking for a Cook 1 (Line Cook) to join our Kitchen Department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Cook 1 (Prep Cook) will be responsible for food preparation, cooking, cleaning and sanitizing, quality control, inventory monitoring, assisting with menu planning, adhering to safety protocols, and training team members.
The ideal candidate must be a team-oriented individual and work effectively independently. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator that is professional and consistently acts with a high degree of integrity.
• Full Time
• Day and Afternoon Shifts
• 40 Hours Per Week, Overtime
• Education: College (preferred), High School (required)
WHY JOIN US?
• Work at the legendary Skylon Tower in the heart of the Niagara Falls Tourist District.
• Great opportunity to meet new people from all over the world.
• Work in a fun location where you can feel like you are part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
• $17.50 to $21.50 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Eligible for tip-sharing program.
• Career growth opportunities.
• Prepare food items (i.e., preparing vegetables, meat, fish, salads, desserts, cold plates) for service.
• Ensure food items are prepared to the correct temperature and texture using a variety of cooking methods.
• Supervisor and monitor the performance and output of Cook 2s (Cooks) and Cook 3s (Prep Cooks).
• Maintain quality controls to ensure company and food safety standards are consistently met.
• Ensure inventory levels are maintained for kitchen efficiency and operation.
• Comply with food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety regulations.
• Maintain departmental communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• 5+ years of cooking experience are preferred.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain positive relationships with employees and management.
• The ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Able to stand for several hours at a time, lift 30 lbs, able to bend, and able to kneel.
• Must be available to workdays, evenings, and weekend shifts.
HOW YOU JOIN US
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to [email protected] with “Cook 1 Application” in the subject line, click on the application button below, or attend one of our job fairs. We thank all who apply. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Skylon Tower is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.