Cook 2 (Cook)
The Skylon Tower is looking for a Cook 2 (Cook) to join our Kitchen Department.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Head Chef, the Cook 2 (Cook) will be responsible for the food preparation, cooking, cleaning and sanitizing, inventory monitoring, and adhering to safety protocols.
The ideal candidate must be a team-oriented individual and work effectively independently. The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator that is professional and consistently acts with a high degree of integrity.
• Full Time and Part Time
• Day and Afternoon Shifts
• 40 Hours Per Week, Overtime
• Education: College (preferred), High School (required)
WHY JOIN US?
• Work at the legendary Skylon Tower in the heart of the Niagara Falls Tourist District.
• Great opportunity to meet new people from all over the world.
• Work in a fun location where you can feel like you are part of a team.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
• $17 to $21 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Eligible for tip sharing program.
• Career growth opportunities.
• Assist in the preparation of food items (i.e., preparing vegetables, meat, fish, salads, desserts, cold plates) for service.
• Maintain a clean and organized workstation.
• Comply with food safety, sanitation, and workplace safety regulations.
• Maintain departmental communication.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• 2+ years of cooking experience preferred.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Maintain positive relationships with employees and management.
• Ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Able to stand for several hours at a time, lift 30 lbs, able to bend, and able to kneel.
• Must be available to workdays, evenings, and weekend shifts.
HOW YOU JOIN US
Qualified candidates, please send your resume to [email protected] with “Cook 2 Application” in the subject line, click on the application button below, or attend one of our job fairs. We thank all who apply. However, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The Skylon Tower is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.